SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENTIMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE: The Florida Governor has identified areas that are considered high risk areas. Those areas are New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Guests from those areas cannot be accommodated until further notice.
This Short-Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between the Owner’s Agent, VIP Beach Destinations and GUEST, (“Guest”) as of the electronic acceptance date of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is furnished and includes household appliances, furnishings, decorations, artwork, linens, towels, kitchen wares, audio/video equipment and personal property.
Owner reserves the right to move Guest into another unit as result of maintenance issues, without Guest’s prior permission.
2. Rental Party/Maximum Occupancy: The rental party shall be limited to the number listed on the rental advertised listing.
At all times during said rental period, Guest agrees to have no more than the allowed number of guests for occupancy, (including children). If more than the stated number of guests are found to be occupying the unit, without prior written permission, Owner has the right to terminate this contract and Guest will forfeit all monies paid, including rent, cleaning, and deposits.
3. Term of the Lease. The rental period begins at 4pm on the dates in the reservation and will end at 10am, on the check out date. Check in time is 4pm and check out time is 10am.
4. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Addendum A and to abide by the Rules in the Arrival Instructions, at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. Should Guest violate these rules, Owner reserves the right to cancel this rental immediately with no refund due to Guest.
5. Noise: Guest understands and agrees that they, and all members of their rental party will be respectful to our neighbors, including, driving slowly on the road to the property, not creating any noise (including music) which the neighbors can hear, especially in the evening and during the night. Any violation of this rental agreement and Guest will be required to leave immediately, with no refund for any unused rental time.
6. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
7. Rental Rate and Fees: The rental rate shall be as stated on the rental advertised listing, with additional guests permitted by prior written permission, at a rate of $100/night per extra person.
a. Deposit: A rental deposit of either 25% or 100% of the rental amount is due to hold the reservation- depending upon your specific reservation. The deposit will be applied toward the rental fees.
b. Balance: If not already paid in full, any balance of the rental and all taxes, insurance fees, security deposit and cleaning fees must be paid in full, 30 days prior to the Check-In Date. See the booking confirmation for the cost breakdown. Should the reservation be made less than 30 days prior to occupancy, then the full amount shall be due at the time of booking.
8. Security Deposit: Guest shall pay a security deposit for any damages to the property. Said security deposit shall be returned to Guest within 7 days of departure, less any deductions for damages.
Should said damages exceed the security deposit, Guest hereby assumes all liability for reimbursement to Owner for any damages caused by Guest and their party within 5 (five) business days of receipt of invoice from Owner.
9. Condition of Property: Guest shall return the premises in the same condition as received. As a part of the rental agreement, Guest will pay a cleaning fee which includes normal “turn” cleaning. Guest agrees they will be responsible for excessive additional cleaning if needed, and hereby agrees to have excessive cleaning deducted from their security deposit, at Owner’s sole discretion. Guest also agrees to leave the property in good condition with all items, furniture, etc in the same place as where they found them upon move in.
10. Cancellation Policy: Owner reserves the right to cancel for an unforeseen last minute major repairs to the property and/or rescind this Agreement upon written email/electronic notice to the Guest(s). All monies paid by the Guest(s) to the Owner will be refunded. Owner will not be held liable for any other cost associated with the cancellation. Owner do not offer refunds or change of dates due to inclimate weather unless the local government authority mandates an evacuation for the area. If an evacuation order occurs, Owner will refund any unused nights, including the day of.
If cancelled by guests, the Cancellation policy differs depending on where the reservation was booked by the guests. Please verity with the listing site or owner for the cancellation terms.
11. Travel and Vacation Rental Insurance: Life is unpredictable; therefore, we encourage all guests to purchase travel insurance. If purchased by you, this insurance reimburses you for prepaid non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. This can include but is not limited to sudden illness, death in the family, or property unavailability due to Force Majeure. It is strongly recommended that Guest purchase this valuable protection. You can purchase Travel Insurance from many providers.
Owner is not responsible for the relocation of Guest should the house become non-habitable due to unforeseen major repairs, acts of God, such as wildfire, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes and natural disasters, and Owner is not liable for the costs of finding an alternative accommodation or for damages because alternative accommodation cannot be found. We recommend the purchase of trip insurance that would protect Guest from monetary loss from such an event.
12. No Assignment or Subletting: This Agreement shall not be assigned, nor the premises sublet without the prior written consent of the Owner. Guest acknowledges that they will personally occupy the property for the entire lease or rental period and will not sublet any portion of the property. Violation of these terms shall give Owner the right to immediately evict Guest and terminate this Agreement, and Guest will forfeit any right of return of any monies paid to date including any security deposit.
13. Acceptance of Risk, Release, Indemnification: Guest agrees to indemnify Owner and Owner’s Agent and save Owner and Owner’s Agent from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees in connection with the loss of life, personal injury and/or damage to the property arising from or out of any occurrence in, upon, or about the premises, occasioned by an act or omission by Owner, Owner’s Agent, Guest or other occupants.
Guests are fully aware of number of Health risks associated with and renting short-term vacation rentals. Guests and visitors could contract COVID-19 or other diseases such as the flu or legionnaires disease which could result in a serious medical condition requiring medical treatment in a hospital or could possibly lead to death. Guests freely and knowing accept ALL such risks, known and unknown, relating to occupying the vacation rental property, and agrees to indemnify Owner and Owner’s Agent and save Owner and Owner’s Agent from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities and expenses.
14. Sale of Property: Owner reserves the right to cancel upon the sale of the property and/or rescind this Agreement upon written email/electronic notice to the Guest(s). All monies paid by the Guest(s) to the Owner will be refunded. Owner will not be held liable for any other cost associated with the cancellation.
15. Entire Agreement: This document and any attached addenda constitute the entire agreement between the parties. No oral statements shall be binding. This Agreement may only be amended by a written document duly executed by all parties. It is the intention of the parties that if any portion of this Agreement is invalid for any reason, such invalidity shall not void the remainder of the Rental Agreement.
16. Disputes and Jurisdictions: This agreement shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of Florida. Any dispute under this Agreement shall be resolved in the County where the property is located. All disputes, controversies or claims arising out of or relating to this contract shall be submitted to mediation or arbitration in the County. If either party brings an Action to enforce its rights under this agreement, the prevailing party may recover its expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with the Action and any appeal from the losing party.
GUEST ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY HAVE REVIEWED AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT and agree to be bound by them.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of AGREEMENT: Guest and Owner acknowledge that electronic acceptance of this Agreement is legally binding acceptance of all terms and conditions, the same as if Guest had actually executed the Agreement in person.
Accepted by Guest
Accepted by VIP Beach Destinations, “Owner’s Agent”
By making a reservation, Guest agrees that Guest and Guest’s party will abide by these Rules and Regulations, as well as any other Rules and Regulations posted on the property.
- VIP Beach Destinations customary policy is no reservations will be made to students or singles under the age of twenty-five. However, we understand extenuating circumstances may apply, please contact one of our agents for specific information. In accordance with Florida State Statute 509.141, reservations made under false pretense are null and void and check-in will not be allowed. Please contact a agent with any questions regarding this policy.
- The Guest understands and agrees that the Owner and/or Owner’s Agent are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Guest specifically indemnifies and holds the Owner and Owner’s Agent harmless from any liability. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. If all guests on this reservation do not personally sign this waiver of liability, then the primary renter accepts liability for all guests and hereby waives any Owner or Owner Agent liability on their behalf.
- Owner and/or Owner’s Agent are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- Check-In is 4:00 P.M. or later. Due to our high standard of cleanliness, there is a possibility that your vacation rental may not be ready at 4:00 P.M. especially during peak seasons. Check-Out time is promptly 10:00 A.M. To avoid an extra cleaning charge; please wash the dishes, take out the trash, and leave the property in a neat and orderly condition.
- People other than those in the Guest party set forth in the Rental Agreement may not stay overnight in the property. The property shall not be used for gatherings of any kind for anyone other than registered Guests (i.e. dinner parties, weddings, etc.) without advance express written permission of the Owner.
- Guest promises to keep the property and all furnishings in good order and to leave the property in the same (or better) condition than when it was rented.
- Guest promises to only use appliances and amenities of the vacation rental for their intended uses.
- Housekeeping: Linens and bath towels are included in the rental rate. A washer/dryer are provided for Guest’s use, except for Gulfview condo 312.
- Pets: No pets are permitted on premise at any time, not even visiting pets, inside or outside.
- Smoking: Smoking is NOT allowed on the property, either inside OR outside on the balcony.
- Alcoholic Beverages & Drugs: Guest agrees that there will be no illegal activities on the premises, including but not limited to: possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by anyone under the age of 21; or the possession or use of any illegal drugs. Additionally, Guest accepts full responsibility and liability and hereby indemnifies Owner and/or Owner’s agents for anything that happens in reference to Guest and/or Guest’s party partaking of any alcoholic beverages or drugs on the property.
- Pool, Hot Tub, & Spa Policies: As the renter, you accept the risk of the pool and specifically agree that no minor will swim in the pool unaccompanied by an adult.
Please Note: there are particular risks involved with using a pool, hot tubs, or spa. By using any pool, hot tub, or spa you put yourself at risk of possible airborne or waterborne pathogens. If you are at high risk, please contact your physician. Elderly persons, pregnant women, infants and those with health conditions including but not limited to diabetes, heart disease, high or low blood pressure should consult a physician before entering a pool, hot tub, or spa.
- Bunk Beds: Guest specifically accepts ALL liability for use of bunk beds on the property and understands that Owner and Owner’s Agent shall have no liability from any accidents, injuries, or death that may result from the proper or improper use of said bunk beds. Guest accepts said liability by voluntary use of said bunk beds.